Wendover Art Club
Home About Us Activities Programme Gallery Membership Contact Us Links Members' Pages

About us....

 

Wendover Art Club was founded in 1956 by a small group of local painting enthusiasts with the aim of providing mutual support and encouragement.

 

In the early years the club’s exhibitions were held outdoors in the playground of the old Wendover School next to the clock tower, with the pictures hung on the railings. Later exhibitions moved indoors to an old barn behind what used to be Sally Turner’s antiques shop, and then to St. Anne‘s Hall. Today we are lucky to have access to a central facility (Wendover library meeting room).   The facilities in the meeting room have recently been upgraded, and include a state-of-the-art sound system and wide screen display which can be connected to a laptop to aid presentations and demonstrations.

 

Over the years the club’s fortunes have waxed and waned, but today the club is thriving and enjoys a steady membership, ranging from beginners to experienced artists, and drawn not just from Wendover but from many surrounding towns and villages too.

 

Our club exhibitions are well supported by local residents and visitors alike.

 

Our committee:

 

Meryll Coe

Marilyn Storer (Secretray)

Lori North (Treasurer)

Graham Fraser

Heather File

Julia Scott